The Zayas Law Fund for Arts and Education
The Zayas Law Fund for Arts and Education will support youth activities involving the visual and performing arts, including innovation in the creative and cultural sectors.
The fund will focus on youth from greater Hartford, Bridgeport and New Haven. Zayas Law Firm founder Richard Zayas created the fund based on his own interest in the arts, specifically Caribbean music - his greatest passion after practicing the law.
“We are inspired by the opportunities and joy that music and art education and experiences provide to all young musicians and artists, their families and their communities,” said Zayas. “We are grateful for the opportunity to partner with the Hartford Foundation as we seek to support youth in their pursuit of art and music education and experiences by eliminating financial barriers that may exist.”
Are you a student who dreams of playing an instrument, singing, creating art, writing or acting, but you lack that one ingredient – a musical instrument, lessons or materials?
If yes, a Zayas Award may be just what you need! In December 2020, the Zayas Law Firm of Hartford and Bridgeport created the Zayas Law Fund for Arts and Education to support arts and cultural youth activities involving the visual and performing arts; painting, sculpture, music, theater, literature or innovation in the creative and cultural sectors. The fund will support youth (K – 12) attending public schools in Greater Hartford, Greater Bridgeport, Greater New Haven and beyond who may lack the resources to engage in these vital activities.
- Applicants may be a student, parent, family member, teacher or community leader. If approved, the award will be coordinated through a qualified entity
- Applicants may be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, however, 509(a)(3) charities and private foundations are not eligible.
- Organizations that are not a 501(c)(3) charity may use a fiscal sponsor
- Requests must be $250 and above
- Zayas Awards are considered annually in June and awarded in July.
- There is no guarantee for funding and requests may receive only partial funding.
- A report by the student and/or fiscal sponsor is required within a year of funding. Photos are encouraged.
Application Process and Timeline
Please answer the following form and complete the funding narrative, which should include all budget/pricing details. Please complete this form no later than Monday, June 14, 2021 for consideration in the 2021 cycle. You will be notified of our decision within four weeks of submission.