Put Nearly 45 Years of Combined Experience In Your Corner
Hartford Pedestrian Accidents Attorney
Helping Pedestrian Accident Victims Pursue Compensation in Connecticut
Pedestrian accidents occur thousands of times throughout the country, and Connecticut is no exception. Pedestrian accidents can often transpire due to improper signs, negligent drivers, and a wide variety of other circumstances. The injuries that result from pedestrian accidents can often be extensive and life-altering.
If you or someone you know has been the victim of a pedestrian accident, you have the legal right to pursue compensation to cover multiple types of expenses incurred from the accident. The Hartford pedestrian accident attorneys at Zayas Law Firm can help you seek the restitution you need to get back on your feet after your accident.
Contact us today to get started with our Hartford pedestrian accident lawyer.
Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can lead to a wide spectrum of injuries, from minor cuts and bruises to more severe and debilitating conditions. Understanding the common injuries associated with pedestrian accidents is crucial for both victims and their legal representation. Some of the most prevalent injuries include:
- Fractures and Broken Bones: The impact of a collision may lead to fractures and breaks in the bones, often requiring extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Head Injuries: Pedestrians are very vulnerable to head injuries, which can range from concussions to more severe traumatic brain injuries. These injuries may have long-term consequences and may necessitate ongoing medical care.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Muscles, ligaments, and tendons can be damaged in a pedestrian accident, resulting in pain, swelling, and limited mobility. Soft tissue injuries may not be immediately noticeable but can cause significant discomfort over time.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The force of impact in a pedestrian accident can lead to spinal cord injuries, impacting motor function and sensation. Such injuries often require extensive rehabilitation and can have a lasting effect on an individual's quality of life.
- Internal Injuries: The internal organs can be injured in a pedestrian accident, leading to internal bleeding and other life-threatening conditions. Prompt medical attention is crucial to address these injuries effectively.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Pedestrian Accident Claim?
Every case is different, and compensation may not be available for everyone. However, if you can prove that you were not at fault for your accident, then the odds of compensation may be in your favor.
At Zayas Law Firm, we will work hard to ensure that you receive the level of compensation that you deserve. We will fight to prove that you were not at fault and liable for the accident in order to receive the financial restitution that you need to move forward with your life.
We fight for compensation to cover expenses including, but not limited to:
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy costs
- Ambulance and hospital fees
- Loss of past and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses
Can a Pedestrian Be at Fault in a Car Pedestrian Accident?
Yes, it is possible for a pedestrian to be at fault for a car-pedestrian accident. Although motorists are required to yield to pedestrians, pedestrians, in turn, are also required to follow traffic laws when entering or crossing the road. Some of the most common scenarios where a pedestrian can be found at fault are:
- A pedestrian was walking where pedestrian access was clearly not allowed
- A pedestrian was crossing against the traffic signal
- A pedestrian was crossing the road outside a crosswalk
Determining pedestrian accident liability can be a complex process, as there are many factors that need to be considered. If you have been injured, contact our Hartford pedestrian accident attorneys to learn how we can help you today.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Pedestrian Accident Claims in Connecticut?
If you've been involved in a pedestrian accident in Connecticut, it's essential to be aware of the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case. The statute of limitations is considered the legal timeframe within which a victim will need to file a lawsuit after an accident. In Connecticut, the statute of limitations for pedestrian accident claims is generally two years from the initial date of the incident.
Failing to file a claim within this timeframe could result in the loss of your right to seek compensation. Therefore, it is crucial to consult with our Hartford pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible after the incident. At Zayas Law Firm, we understand the importance of timely action, and we are ready to help you navigate the legal complexities and meet critical deadlines.
Contact Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Hartford Today
Don't face insurance companies without the help of a competent and knowledgeable attorney from our Hartford firm. Without a pedestrian accident lawyer, it may be difficult to receive adequate compensation – if any at all. Don't hesitate to contact Zayas Law Firm after an accident. Our team is ready to take on your case as soon as possible, no matter how complicated it may be.
At Zayas Law Firm, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our clients have to say about working with us.
Recommended for car accidents. Great service and result!!- Jonathan V.
Great personal injury lawyers! Highly recommended!- Juan C.
Good result! Highly recommended for car accidents.- Janette R.
Recomendados para casoa de accidentes!- Ramon R.
Gracias por ayudarme con mi caso! Buen trabajo!- Ketzary C.
Lo Recomiendo 100%! The Best Lawyer!- Jannet A.
I strongly believe in him and strongly recommend to everyone.- Former Client
Great lawyers and great staff!- Melanie C.
Personal Attention to Every ClientWe stay available to help our clients 24/7, including evening and weekend hours
Aggressive Trial LawyersWe use decades of trial experience to help maximize your financial compensation.
Your Questions AnsweredWe provide answers to the questions most commonly asked by our clients.