A workplace is meant to be a place in which you are only judged for your work ethic and success. However, this isn’t the only case. In some instances, employers may discriminate against you for any number of reasons, including your race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, etc. Some people experience discrimination for other reasons such as a woman who is treated differently because she is pregnant, or in a retaliatory manner because you spoke up or complained about something regarding your employer. Determining whether you are truly a victim of workplace discrimination is best done with the help of a Hartford employment lawyer who has the insight and skill necessary to watch out for the overt and nuanced signs of discrimination, such as ours at Zayas Law Firm.
The following are common signs of workplace discrimination, including but not limited to:
- You are demoted or fired for no significant reason, also known as wrongful termination
- You are given tasks which are impossible to successfully complete
- You are given lesser tasks
- Your boss, supervisor, or coworkers speak to you in a demeaning manner
- There is a high turnover rate at your workplace
- You are being passed up for promotions against those who are less qualified than you
Contact Our Hartford Employment Attorney Today
If you are on the receiving end of workplace discrimination or retaliation, it is absolutely essential you do not waste any time in enlisting the services of a Hartford employment lawyer you can trust, such as ours at Zayas Law Firm. We refuse to back down from the challenge of advocating for the rights of our clients, no matter what we may be up against. Allow us to fight for you in an effort to combat any injustices you may be facing.
To schedule an initial consultation, you may reach a member of our team by calling (888) 486-3037.